The Wine Tasting Event “”Aperivino, The Wine is on the Table” was successfully completed on the 10th March 2018 at “Le Palaie” Winery, Peccioli, Tuscany.
Guests came to enjoy the Top 5 Wines of the “Le Palaie” Winery in combination with: local products, an English conversation with Adrian Setright of the “New York Academy”, Pisa and the musician Stefano Matteucci. Guests appreaciated the event and despite the bad weather they discovered the colours and flaours of Tuscany and explored its beautiful vineyards and rolling hills.
The Wine Tasting involved the presence of the following 5 Top Wines
1. “Rosato”: from Merlot and Sangiovese grapes grown on hills in loose to medium terroir that leads to sandy soil. A hint of copper to the eye, fruity florals to the nose plus high acidity leads to intense flavors.
2. “Viogner”: originally from the Rhone Valley, France, “Le Palaie” winery produces a very rare wine characterized by floral notes to the nose ( honeysuckle and lavender) along with peaches and suggestions of smoke. Detect hints of white peaches, citrus and dried apricots with a finish of butterscotch and oak.
3. “Gatta Ci Cova”: from Sangiovese -50 per cent-and Merlot-50 per cent- this wine has an intense ruby colour and a typical fruity perfume of a fresh young wine with jummy hints of wild berries .
4. “Sagrestano”: from San Giovese -50 per cent -and Alicante -50 per cent. Strong scent of spices, black pepper mainly,present also on the palate, that make this wine unforgettable.
Hosting a wine Tasting Party was a great way to do something fun, classy, and different with my friends and other guests coming from Pisa’s province thanks to the Event sponsored on Social Media. A bit of knowledge, and the willingness to try something new was what I first needed to realize something like this. In the job of Sommelier (Wine Tasting Expert) I never stop learning, growing and building up my experience that goes on with the AIS of Lucca ( Italian Sommelier Association ) and with all the Tuscan Wineries and Wine Lovers.
I would never been able to run all this Incredible Event alone, so my Special Thanks to:
- Andrea Secco, Ylenia Barbieri, Lorenzo Coli: the lovely Staff of the “Le Palaie” Winery , that gave me the possibility to transform this 2nd Wine Tasting in an Unforgetable Memory;
- Adrian Setright with his fantastic and difficult Wine Quiz in English and the Music of Stefano Matteucci which provided an exciting and enjoyable evening for the spectators present;
- the Business Managment Consultant “Studio GM3Con” I work with for their precious suggestions and their cool video ;
- all my Friends !
Enjoy it !